HRSA will award $350 million in supplemental funding to existing health center program grantees in FY2015 for the purposes of expanding services to increase access to preventive and primary health care services (HRSA-15-153). You can read all about it here. This is a rather quick turnaround, as applications are due July 20th by 5PM (EST).
The amount of funding available will be sent to health centers in e-mail, along with instructions on how to open the application in the EHB.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Project Period: 9/1/2015 - 12/31/2017
- At least 80% of the funds must be used to increase provider/staff FTEs for services selected for expansion in one/more of five categories: medical, oral health, behavioral health, pharmacy, and vision. An increase of patients must be projected - new and existing, to be served.
- A max of 20% of requested funds can be used to increase enabling service staff FTEs.
- Max request of $100,000 in moveable equipment for Year One only
- Narrative is fairly light and limited in characters allowed (Need, 2k; Response, 5k; Impact, 2k)
CLC can provide your agency with support in budget development, related forms and attachments, project management, EHB upload, formatting, drafting narrative, and application review. Contact us today to get started!